09 June 2010



I painted this a little while ago in response to some of my blogs about our friends being treated unfairly. Around the same time I had started taking walks around the neighborhood when I could. I had a lot on my mind and winter has hurt any other attempts at exercising. As I walked I couldn’t help but think about what story was behind each fence. And how did the people at the big house interact with the people at the little house. This dynamic is a way of life here, but how do I fit. How many others suffer like my friends? So the painting is not perfect and may not deal with all of those issues. But those are some of the thoughts behind it.

On my walked the sun shines through the fading tall grasses and there is an interesting beauty and despair. It is much colder by the time I get home just before dusk, but it is one of my healthiest habits when I can get home in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment