26 November 2011

Advent

(by Laura, our Attorney's daughter, age 12)

As you know my job is to support education and advocacy movement around immigration with JFON. Doing this within the church has some obvious links I really enjoy. And at some point the idea of an Advent Devotional seemed important. So much of how we get to real dialogue is through stories. The links seemed so clear to me, a journey, being registered, people begging for mercy from God, and through all of that a path for hope.

But I think the most important reason for the JFON Advent Devotional was the variety of perspectives become come to JFON with. Its not one type of person who volunteers or one reason people become passionate for justice for migrants. But in some ways I think it is important for people involved with JFON to remember how their call and spirit is tied to their service. And on hard days its good to know I am connected to all these people and all these stories no matter how different each of our introductions are.

Please download and share to journey with JFON this Advent.


JFON Advent Devotional



JFON Advent Booklet


Blessings for a thoughtful journey,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment