23 January 2011

A big pot of pea soup

I am sick today. So I stayed in bed and was told not to think. And that is what I did. I stopped and despite wanting to be better, I just was. Despite my list of joburg things yet to do and the Sunday's slipping out from under me. I stayed at home and watched a movie and made pea soup. And other than being sick, I was a much more delightful person for it. And I thought of my pop pops who used to make pea soup, and despite years and miles and ages - we are all connected through a big pot of pea soup. Even that part on the bottom that burns a bit but tastes so good.

So I was sick, but I was doing just fine.

(The next day being sent home from work, and then having to stay home, weren't as fun. There comes a point when you are ready to be useful again.)

But there was a big pot of pea soup and light dancing in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment