21 January 2011

THE Sleepover

Prince and I come up with ideas and plans and for the most part they work out. Like for Christmas we decided we had to all play soccer a few weeks in advance. (We celebrated with Mama Judy’s family on the 26th, and there was so much soccer I even ended up diving into a pool fully clothed for the ball. I also love to see Prince and Priscilla laugh).

So our latest scheme was a sleepover all the way in the tall flat in Jo burg. Prince is seven and I am pretty sure this was his first sleepover. Convincing Mama Judy and Papa G was not a challenge as they trust us and these kids are very grown up. So off we headed after work and driving to Walkerville to fetch our young brother and sister. And a song filled ride back with the obligatory are we there yets, and the kids set out to play.

We made home made pizzas, danced, ate grapes, and watched Finding Nemo. I read parts of The Little Prince, and Prince and Priscilla read Dr. Seuss for Rachel and my bedtime story. Then woke up as young children do early enough for early morning cartoons (so Hannah and Rachel didn’t have to jump to it too quickly). Then more fun in the kitchen with homemade pancakes and a cake to bring with us for their parents.

During this time I may or may not have been starting to get sick, which is the other explanation for the tardiness in blogs. However, as we got deeper into the Little Prince’s story, I would ask should I keep going and Prince would look at me and say, no you need to go and sleep or rest for a little bit. But we always continued with another chapter anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment